So this thing is happening:
The 200 Word RPG Challenge puts your writing and editing skills to the test!
What can you do with only 200 words?
I’m studiously ignoring the line: “the game doesn’t necessarily have to be fun”, for reasons that should be obvious, and decided to submit a thing.
Here is that thing.
We’re playing heroes mighty, but maligned; devoted, but shunned. Feared by the same people they protect…
Think up a character. Golem. Vampire. Angel. Vampire angel? Go nuts.
Pick a Specialty:
- Use Powers
Define Your Power
- List Blessings. Think “thematically related; but incomplete.”
- List Banes. Why are you a freak?
These can color scenes. If they’d affect a Conflict, say how.
Establish character(s), setting, situation.
Each scene, everyone wants stuff. Play your guy and push for it; you’ll hit a Conflict.
Grab one FUDGE die for your GOAL and one for the RISK. (No risk? No roll.)
ADD A DIE IF…
… there’s another Risk.
… Banes have effect (stop here).
… Blessings have effect.
… your Specialty matters.
… you’re prepared.
- If Banes apply, discard the best die.
- If Blessings/Specialty/Preparation apply, discard a bad die for each.
- Assign dice to Goal and Risks.
+ Goal achieved.
0 Mixed success.
– Opportunity lost (for now).
+ Risk defeated
0 Danger Remains
– Injury, Loss, Goal interference
If Danger/Injury Remains, it becomes an Added Risk whenever, until you fix it.
Thanks: Otherkind, Ghost/Echo, Trollbabe