At the end of our last session, the hunt for a new home in Mercury Bay hit a snag when Nataly, Matthew, and Marilla (plus the realtor) were attacked by a creature that basically looked like a stone gargoyle and seemed to be looking for (and angry with) Nataly.
Nataly, of course, has no idea why.
There isn’t a lot to write about this session as it was:
- Fairly short.
- Mostly the fight between Nataly and the gargoyle creature, which I didn’t take notes on to the point where I can recount it round by round.
Unbeknownst to Nataly, this creature is actually a recent arrival in Mercury Bay – specifically, he arrived via that weird geode meteorite that came down a few nights ago (early last session). The fact that the thing hit the ground a few hours after Nataly and the M’s arrived in town is not a coincidence.
For stats, I basically stole an entry on The Nebbishter Glee on Fate SF (which has posted some really great Warhammer 40k stuff for FAE). My version looks like so:
- High Concept:Waist-high semi-intelligent demons
- Trouble: Vulnerable to mind-affecting and magical attacks
- Aspect: Greedy opportunist
- Aspect: A propensity to replicate
- Aspect: Cat-ape-dog-demon hybrids
- Careful: +1
- Clever: 0
- Flashy: +1
- Forceful: +2
- Quick: +2
- Sneaky: +3
- Easy to Overlook: Take a +2 to Sneaky to be mistaken for statuary.
- Remix: Once per session, I may sample the DNA of another living creature and produce another of my kind with a unique Aspect and Stunt inspired by that sample.
- Replicate Servant: Once per session, I can produce a mook minion via replication.
- Tough Little Critter: Once per session, I can become immune to a Forceful attack that would otherwise damage me.
This little DNA-thief had one goal in this fight: bite the telekinetic space princess.
The fight made… a bit of a mess. Nataly told Matthew and Marilla to get the realtor into the back room, and tried to keep the gargoyle thing in the front rooms (not difficult, since it wanted to bite her anyway), but between the thing’s strength and mass and Nataly’s tendency to use hurled balls of telekinetic force, about sixty percent of the apartment was “remodeled into an open concept layout” in just under a minute. Oops.
The fight ended when the thing (having successfully given Nataly a Minor Consequence from a bite) leapt back onto the balcony and skittered off down the wall (they can’t actually fly… yet).
The realtor was, putting it mildly, upset and shaken by these events. They didn’t realize how shaken until they tried to get in touch with him the next day and were informed he’d filed for a retraining order against the three of them. They sought someone else to help them find a home, but no one would talk to them: the realtor had been busy calling everyone in the real estate business in Mercury Bay (both realtors and those with property available) and urging that Nataly’s family be black-balled.
We ended the session as Marilla hung up the phone, turned back to them, and said “We may need to move. Again.”
Note: During this session, Nataly finally got her fifth aspect, which (I think) will be darned useful (for both Kaylee and me) in the future.
Aspect: Matthew and Marilla are always there for me.